Victorian Solar Rebate
Solar Victoria is providing a rebate of up to $2,225 for solar panel (PV) system installation, for homeowners. To further reduce installation costs, householders can apply for an interest-free loan up to $2225.
The Victorian State Government will cover up to half the cost of a new solar system up to $2,225! Next release of Solar Panel Rebates for Victorian Homes is at 9 AM on MONDAY 17th of December
Greencell Energy is a certified CEC Solar Retailer, which enables us to assist you with your application for a Solar Victorian Solar Home rebate as well as Small-scale Technology Certificate (STC) Federal Incentive. This results in huge savings for first time Solar Energy consumers!
Victorian Solar Rebate
Who is Eligible?
An applicant is eligible for a Solar Homes Rebate under these conditions:
- has a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax (based on the most recent tax assessment notices for the homeowners),
- is an owner-occupier of a home valued at under $3,000,000 (a copy of a recent Council rates notice will be required),
- does not already have a solar panel system installed on their property,
- chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product (for solar panels) and uses a CEC Accredited Installer,
- chooses a product that is on the Clean Energy Regulator’s “Register of approved solar hot water heaters” (for Solar hot water)
- has had an eligible solar panel system installed on or after 19 August 2018, and
- engages an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe infringement notice in the past three years.
- is an early adopter of Solar PV looking to replace or expand their system.*
Victorian Solar Rebate Releases
Due to rising demand in Solar energy and in turn, Solar Panel rebates, there is a limited number of rebates that can be allocated for a certain period of time. It is essential that you get a quote from Greencell Energy or any accredited CEC Solar Retailer to reserve a solar rebate for your Solar Power System.
Federal Solar Incentive(STCs)
On top of the Victorian Home Solar Rebate, Victorians are also entitled to a Small-scale technology certificates (STCs) which is a national discount that allows new solar technology buyers to get a reduced price on Solar power systems bought from a CEC certified installer.
Criteria for a Small-scale Technology Certificate
- be installed no more than 12 months prior to the creation of certificates, and have its panels and inverter, listed on the Clean Energy Council list of approved components
- meet Australian and New Zealand standards
- use a Clean Energy Council accredited designer and installer and meet the Clean Energy Council design and install guidelines
- comply with all local, state, territory and federal requirements, including electrical safety, and
- be classified as small-scale, and a:
- solar panel system that has a capacity of no more than 100kW, and a total annual electricity output less than 250MWh
- wind system that has a capacity of no more than 10kW, and a total annual electricity output of less than 25MWh, or
- hydro system that has a capacity of no more than 6.4kW, and a total annual electricity output of less than 25MWh.
How is an STC calculated?
The number of STCs depends on these factors : Postcode Zone Rating, Deeming Period and Solar System Size.
If you want to calculate the number of STCs on your property. Use the STC calculator below :
Feed in Tariffs
The Australian electricity retailer lets you sell the extra solar power generated
by your solar system, while the selling rate is low to compare to buying power
from grid thus it is beneficial for a family to use as much power from solar during day time.
Not everyone is home during day time so If you can’t use much of your solar power day time there is an option for storing it in battery unit for later use but again this involves installing hybrid inverter with battery unit which more expensive then a stander solar system.
But recent 2018 review of power retailer and distributor by Australian government has put pressure on retailer to provide a fair price for solar power fed into grid by homeowner. How much you get paid by the feed-in tariff not only varies from state to state, but between retailers. To find out more about how much you’re likely to get, go to our feed-in tariff page.
Remember, feed-in tariffs can change, so check the latest solar feed-in tariffs with your electricity retailer.
Greencell Energy can calculate all your Solar Discounts for you!
Most frequent questions and answers about the Victorian Solar Incentive Program
No. Solar Victoria will provide a 50% rebate, up to the value of $2,225 (equivalent to half the cost of an average 4kW solar panel system) for eligible households.
Rebates will initially be provided to householders directly. In the coming months Solar Victoria will develop a streamlined process that will enable installers to distribute the rebate as part of their invoicing. The Clean Energy Council (CEC) will work with Solar Victoria on the specific details.
There is no maximum size limit under the Solar Homes program, provided the system meets all other eligibility and installation requirements (including the condition to qualify for STCs). The rebate has a maximum value of $2,225 for eligible households.
Yes you are also eligible please see the Solar Rental Properties web page from Solar Victoria